Monday, March 19, 2012

Most awesome conversation ever!

So, I was going to go visit Katie this week, but several things came up, among which was a flat tire on Howard's truck.  He has no spare, so it was an issue.  Of course, the tires needed are some odd size, so its hard to find a single.

Fast forward to today.  I was on the phone with my sister when my cell rang.  It was a guy named Carlos.  He said he had the tires I was looking for, and a whole set would be $160!  I told him I wasn't expecting a call about tires on my cell, my husband must have used mine when he was calling around.  Carlos sounded a bit confused, but went along with me.  I said I'd have my husband call him right back.  He said if I wanted the tires I had to come get them right away.  I asked him what the name of the shop was and that is where it got better.  He asked me didn't I remember, I was just in earlier.  Hmm.  Howard took my car to work today and I have been home.

At this point, I looked at the caller info on the phone.  A 720 number.  I asked him what state he was in.  He said he didn't know what I meant.  I said, I am in California.  What state are you in?  CO.  Aha.  This call was not meant for me.  No cheap tires.  Carlos didn't believe me though.  I had to keep insisting that I don't live in CO, and while I do need new tires, I was not the lady he was looking for.  Poor Carlos called back 5 minutes later and Annie answered the phone, telling him that somehow he wrote down the wrong number.  Meanwhile, my sister had to go read to her kids.

I wish I had new tires.  And I think its finally time for me to change my cell number to something less confusing. 

P.S. Justin, whoever you are, you are delinquent on your account at Aaron Furniture.  Please pay your bill so they will stop calling me.  And put your own phone number on your application next time, jerk.

3 comments:

Karen said...

When I first started reading this, I was hoping for a "miracle" story. You probably were too when you first started talking to Carlos. Dang tires! They're so expensive!!!!

Katie Bell said...

I tried calling yesterday...come on the 15th! Talk to you soon. P.S. Mary is very far behind on a number of her credit cards, don't believe I'm not Mary? That's o.k. neither do any of the collection agencies....

Bec and Doug said...

I'm laughing because I have a similar story. I'm driving home from getting the oil changed the other day and my phone rings. Some guy asks for Veronica and didn't believe him when I informed him I'm not Veronica. Then he tells me he's really looking for Katrina, which I informed him was not my name either. So then he asks me if I know a Veronica or a Katrina. I said I did know a Veronica but that she lived in Portland and I wouldn't know how to get in touch with her anyway. I don't really think he believed me. Pretty sure the girls he tried to pick up at the bar the night before gave him a dummy phone number. So glad they're dummy number was my cellphone...