Friday, March 23, 2012

Last night/early this morning, Annie and I went to see The Hunger Games.  It was our first midnight premiere.  We went in a group of 15 people, of whom we knew about 6.  We waited in line for 2 hours.  Annie wore her Peeta shirt and had a Katniss braid.  There was so much teen age energy, I can't believe none of them spontaneously combusted! 

The movie was a very good adaptation.  Almost every one was happy.  I will admit to getting teary-eyed several times.  I will also admit to having to pick through a packed theater to go to the bathroom during the flick.  What can I say, I have a weak bladder! 

Thanks to the other mom who carpooled with me, I was able to drive to and from a movie theater I had never been to, and still have no idea how I got there. 

I don't know that I will attend many more midnight showings, I am way tired today.  SO thankful that Howard is working from home today.  Annie had a babysitting gig at 9 am this morning.  Crazy girl.

3 comments:

Pearl said...

I have heard only good things about the movie!

Pearl

Helen & Bill said...

I'm looking forward to seeing it too, but I never could stay up for the late night or early morning premiere like you and Annie did.

Katie Bell said...

Coolest mom ever....