Thursday, July 14, 2011

Adam has been so cute. He likes to show off his one tooth on top and one tooth on the bottom.  We have been doing so much driving lately that I thought this picture Annie took was timely.

Sarah has started working on her reading.  She has covered A, B, and C.  Today we move on to D.  She has been singing her heart out to the Sing, Spell, Read and Write phonics song.  She has Laura singing it too.  Both of them work on the letter of the day, but Laura colors a page from Starfall.

Yesterday Annie and Emma were bugging me, so I assigned them schoolwork.  They were done pretty quick, and I didn't hear any more complaints about being bored.

Annie's softball team won again last night.  They have some dedicated players.  Annie had an eye infection and had to wear her back up glasses.  Another girl had strep and had bargained with her doctor that if she went 3 hours without a fever she cold play.  Howard assigned her to be catcher so she wouldn't be breathing on anyone.  Howard was pretty jazzed that they won again.  At this rate, the worst they could finish is .500.

We are still trying to get a renter.  Its frustrating because we had a couple who put in apps and paid for the credit check, only to decide they wanted to live in a newer house.  So we are back to showings and frantic wiping down of counters, vacuuming and mopping before we go anywhere. And taking the dog with us limits where we can go during that time period.

The stress has been getting to me, giving me wicked headaches.  I admit, I have been binging too.  I am determined to exercise instead to handle the stress.  I am stronger than the stress!  Oddly enough, doing school with the kids is calming, since it is more of our routine.  We have added books on cd to our day and it is helping us all to have some quiet time.

2 comments:

Helen & Bill said...

Adam is very cute. Hurray for Annie and her team. Hang in there and keep the faith. Love ya, Mom

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

You are stronger than the stress! I have been there, trying to find a renter. Uhg. Your little boy is adorable!