On Friday, I decided I was sick of my house and something had to change. I know it isn't just me, my sister had the same feeling. Alas, neither of us have oodles of money for redecorating whenever the fancy strikes. What is a girl to do? The obvious answer is, use what you have.
So I spent part of yesterday painting my mismatched frames black with some old acrylic paint from our school supplies. I repurposed an icky old frame into a wall hanging for Laura and rearranged Adams room. Then Annie and I ventured off to the fabric store and bought material to make 3 bed coverings. Not quilts, per se, as they aren't pieced. But they will be coverlets that I machine quilt. I started Adam's last night and finished it this morning.
I decided his bed needed a little more something, so I used google and figured out how to make a pocket pillow cover, which yes, I realize most people know how to make, but hey, I took auto shop in school, not home ec.
Anyhow, I made a pillow for Adam's crib.
Once I figured it out, I got carried away and made new covers for the family room couch pillows. Then, I decided that our tv unit was icky and had Howard cut off the top half, then use the top board as a new top for the base. It looks much better.