Saturday, October 16, 2010

11 years

Eleven years ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and became a mom.  I didn't know if I was doing it right, but you didn't care.  You just wanted to be with me all the time.  You cried any time I put you down day or night.  You didn't sleep for 10 months.  You were so beautiful that we would sit and wonder at the gift we were given.  You had a belly laugh that was infectious.  You had intelligence shining from your big blue eyes.
Annie, you have been a blessing in our lives.
You make us cry, you make us laugh, you drive us nuts with your mood swings.
You are an emerging writer with a wonderful imagination.  You are the firstborn in every sense.  You are responsible, driven, a perfectionist.  You like being bossy but you only want to be in charge on your own terms.  You are very strong willed.  We hope your determination will help you to stay on the right path and stubbornly cling to the iron rod.
You love to read.  You are always reading and it brings me joy.  I am so happy that you embrace the written word and can lose yourself in a good book.
I am proud that you are taking the initiative to learn to type, to teach yourself powerpoint and windows movie maker. You are very good at math when you take the time.  Much better than I was at your age.  :)
Annie, I am so glad that you are a part of our family.  Its been 11 great years.  Thank you for being my daughter, it is my privilege to be your mom.
I love you Annie.

2 comments:

Emma and Annie said...

I was born on bosses day what can I say about being bossy.

Helen & Bill said...

Wow! You said said that so beautifully. Blessed parents, blessed Annie, Happy grandparents!