Thursday, September 16, 2010

This week recap

Annie's moon phases with Oreo cookies


Emma's moon phases represented by Oreo cookies

sand art and some glued on gems

Emma's model of the Big Dipper from an indirect view
The Big Dipper as we see it






This week we had some ups and downs, with sickness and cranky little kids and Laura thinking she is potty trained now.  We had fun, overall.  We had swimming lessons, softball games and practices and we read all sorts of books.  I never did get around to reading my book club book, which is a shame because I really wanted to, but I did read The Story about Ping 4 times.  We should finish it up tomorrow with a buoyancy experiment and a little about types of ducks.  

Tomorrow is my day off.  I won't even have to catch up on laundry!   Howard bought a new dryer.  He then checked our vents to make sure they would work.  They were totally obstructed.  He bought and installed a new outside vent and replaced the existing basement venting that was really a bunch of duct tape.  Lo and behold, our old dryer works great.  We canceled the new one.  It is amazing to dry clothes on just one cycle again, as opposed to three that it was taking before! 

3 comments:

Ina's 5 and our Native Homeschool Blog said...

I love the Oreo moon phases. That is brilliant. I think I will use the idea. Thanks for the inspiration. The star models are also great but I foresee my Oreo loving bunch really getting into that lesson.

Helen & Bill said...

What a busy week. I also loved the moon and star projects. Learning can be fun and yummy!

Patty said...

You are so creative! What a blessing to your kids that you have such great teaching talent.