Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I think this will work

So far homeschooling is like summer vacation, with structure. Its kind of cool. Today we didn't start until 9:30. We ended at 3:45, with a long break in between. We met with the other moms and kids in our American Girl bookclub today. We met at 11am and left around 1pm, then I took my girls to McDonalds. We came home and ate and got Sarah in bed a little after 2pm. We got through all our material again today. I even added some activities for Emma's social studies. Oh, and Emma made the connection that McDonald's starts with M, our letter of the day. Who knew I was schooling? I thought I was being lazy for lunch today.

Last night was great. We gathered up the playstation games we don't play anymore. Howard took Anne and Emma and they traded them in. They came home with Lego Star Wars. Excellent! Its a game the whole family loves. It just so happened today that their Happy Meal toys are Star Wars. Even more excellent.

We're going to have "Roman Soldier" dinners tonight. I am happy that the kids will like it and not complain.

I managed to get a load of laundry washed, dried and folded today too. Now to put it away....Also I have plans to put skirts on Sarah's shirts. She is in a huge dress phase right now and I am running out of dresses to change her into. I already have fabric, I just need to go get new needles for the sewing machine as mine have vanished.

Oh, and we finished the school room this weekend. I really like it and so do the kids.
school room

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Wow! I love your school room - it makes me want to homeschool just so I can set everything up!