Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Since I am usually ready for Saturday by Thursday afternoon, I thought I'd count my blessings and list what I am thankful for:

Kids who play together.  They come up with all sorts of games and amuse each other for hours.

A husband who totally rocks.  He's not making me say that.  He is awesome. 

Good friends who put up with my crazy family

My sister and I are friends.  I hear people say they don't get along with their sister and it makes me sad for them.  I keep telling my girls that they need to be each other's best friend. 

Modern conveniences.  Outhouses and chamber pots are just sick.  I heart indoor plumbing.  Washing machines are pretty cool too.  I'd say dishwashers, but I don't have one at the moment.  Antibiotics are another favorite.  Yeah for not dying from simple infections! 

Being able to stay home with my kids.  Even though they can be frustrating and incredibly messy, I love these little monkeys.  I think its awesome that I get to be with them every day. 

Shoes.  Just think about it for a second.  Yup.

Food cooked by someone other than me.  Someone clean who knows what they are doing.  I am not actually a fan of cooking, so if you want to bring me something, sweet!

Good weather.  And I consider it good weather where I live. 



Not that I am going to make this a regular feature, but what are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Bec and Doug said...

I'm thankful that you did a blog post about being thankful to remind me of all the nice blessings I've got. Good job!!

Helen & Bill said...

I'm grateful for a wonderful family and for an awesome, creative daughter who acknowledges her blessings. Sometimes we tend to reflect on what we don't have and it's refreshing to hear and express gratitude for the many great things the Lord has blessed us with. Love you Rachel!