Tuesday, August 30, 2011

first day, 2011-2012

Yesterday we had our first day of school.  It was different, as we are at my parents' house. We also are waiting to order most curriculum, so we are using up math and lang arts from last year, while incorporating websites and products we are reviewing for The Old Schoolhouse.

Anne took this picture at the IKEA in Centennial, CO.
We began at 9:30 am and finished by noon, and that included lunch and a break to observe the duck that was in the backyard.  Yup, a duck.  No idea where it came from or where it went.  My dad let Anne use his back-up dslr and then installed some photo editing software.   She is still playing around with it, and I can't find the pictures. Emma sketched it while Anne took pictures.  Sarah and Laura threw bread at it.  We ended the school day with some soccer in the backyard, followed by Popsicles and lemonade. 



Our laptop decided to die right before we left Colorado.  We brought it in its sad condition and delivered it to my brother Steven with a plea to fix it.  He looked at it and pronounced that the hard drive was dead.  Howard, Steven and my dad headed off to the store and procured a new one.  Steven is a miracle worker and we now have our laptop back, better than ever with a bigger hard drive.  Yay for Steve!

Now we are just waiting for our new home to close.  The kids and I are here, Howard is at work and staying with my brother and his family.  I miss him so much!  We'll see him on Friday and then have a long weekend.  Even though unpacking will be very un-fun, I am looking forward to having our own home and being all together again.