Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday

Today, I am sick. I finally caught the cold the kids had when Adam was born. I woke up this morning feeling worse than when I went to sleep.
The girls are playing some game that I am not a part of. I think its wonderful that they play together.
Laura and Adam are wearing the same diaper today. Not the same actual diaper, but one that I have two of. A very girly brown diaper with pink dots that is adjustable, one size fits all. Adam is wearing his with a blue onesie, a baseball outfit and socks with lions. Laura is wearing hers with baby legs on her arms and legs. Its a smashing combo.As soon as I am done here we will straighten a little bit, and start on some science. Our caterpillars are pretty big and nasty looking now and have started their chrysalids. See all that brown stuff in the bottom? Its caterpillar poop. Nasty.
Annie is researching fairy tales, as she has finished all the Sisters Grimm books. Emma's history lesson is about Jesus today, it should be an easy one.Sarah has been making experiments with milk and was dismayed when I refused to let her add salt to it. This is how our sweet little caterpillars started out. Cute, weren't they? Hopefully they will be beautiful when they emerge.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I hope it passes quickly. (Wouldn't it be nice if moms were given automatic immunity?!)
You should see the caterpillar Aimee is keeping right now. The thing is monstrous. (Literally... 2 1/2 -3 inches and very thick.) Won't it be neat to see them transform? Nature is so cool.
It gives me hope that someday I'll hit my butterfly stage too.