Thursday, September 17, 2009

As far as school goes...for the kids. The kids are doing great with their work. Emma is awaiting her new box of curriculum for 2nd grade phonics. Annie is starting to research for her Johnny Tremain report. She is having a hard time finding information on her chosen side topics of silversmithing, and early colonial apprenticeships. She is probably going to pick some other topics. In the meantime I have found something that looks interesting for her, called history pockets. I am going to order two of them this week.
Sarah continues to work on her coloring and cutting. She really loves to glue.
Laura likes to follow me around the house yelling at me. It gets just a little bit old.

Annie has been getting bad headaches every day. We have tried allergy medicine to no avail so today she has an eye appointment. I'd like to get to the bottom of this soon and keep her out of pain.

Emma is going painfully slow on her math today. So far she has been distracted by blankets, the baby, random scraps of paper that were begging to be stapled into an odd sized book, pencils that needed sharpening right away, you name it. And sadly for the first time ever she missed problems on her assessment. Some days I really consider medicating her. The omega 3 s just aren't cutting it. I saw an idea for adjective man today on someone's blog. We may have to try that soon for Emma. I think she will like it.

No comments: